Chocolate is one of many wondrous inventions we have gifted to ourselves. Some may say it’s a creation worthy of celebration on par with other genius inventions, such as electricity, motor vehicles or Tipex…
Easter is a time many of us choose to indulge in chocolate. But if Easter eggs aren’t your chocolate-style, then perhaps give one of the below ‘choctails’ a try!
Unwanted Easter eggs are easily made into tasty mocktails and cocktails – something any true chocoholic would enjoy.
- Chocolate martini mocktail 🍸
Just goes to show that anything can become a ‘martini’ if served in a martini glass.
Simply whizz together the below ingredients in a blender, with quantities at your own discretion. 😉
- Chocolate or vanilla ice cream – invest in a quality brand for a creamier texture
- Hot chocolate powder – I recommend a traditional swiss chocolate brand for a richer taste
- Parts of your favourite chocolate egg
For the rim of the martini glass, dip in melted chocolate (or just dampen with water) and then dip in chocolate powder. Then pour the above mixture in, and top with cream, sprinkles and/or marshmallows – or plop a strawberry on top to make yourself feel a bit better. 🍓
2. Vegan chocolate cinnamon mocktail
If you can’t have dairy, you don’t have to miss out on chocolate over Easter. Get your blender out of the cupboard and give this recipe a go!
- Rice milk or soy milk (or hazelnut, almond or coconut milk if you want to have a taste sensation)
- Green & Blacks hot chocolate powder (dairy-free)
- Two overripe bananas (if desired, for a banana-chocolate taste)
- Pinch of cinnamon
Be sure to grate some of your favourite dark chocolate on top!
3. Chocolate Baileys cocktail
If you’re not fancying a mocktail, spice it up with an alcoholic version. I recommend using the leftover Baileys from Christmas – they have an extraordinarily long shelf life even after opening, so no need to chuck them yet!
- One scoop of vanilla ice cream (chocolate flavour may be too overwhelming)
- Chocolate Baileys – or try the orange-chocolate flavour if you can still find it!
- Milk (you shouldn’t need too much though)
- Your favourite hot chocolate powder or parts of your favourite chocolate egg
- Lots of ice!
Get experimenting with the quantities to your preferred taste, and get blending!
🐰 Have a fantastic Easter weekend (April 14 – 17, 2017) 🐰